White chocolate coated strawberries.

General Cooking tips

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

vivienz
KG Regular

The excitement is building at chez Vivienz. The strawberries are ripening well and there may be enough to survive the hazardous journey from raised bed to kitchen very soon. Whereupon, I will gently melt some white chocolate and dunk my strawbs into it, leave to set and then Mr Vivienz and me will devour the lot.
I'm not normally a white chocolate girl, more 70% cocoa solids but this is one occasion where it is sublime. If you get the chance, do try it. Once they're dunked, put them onto some baking parchment for the choc to set.
retropants
KG Regular

Ooh, never tried with white choc before, only dark!
vivienz
KG Regular

It's one of only about a handful of sweet things that I like white chocolate in. Better than dark, in my humble but correct opinion :)
Westi
KG Regular

Always tempted when I see them, always forget when the strawberries are ripe! Got a Milky Way big bar hidden in the salad drawer and strawberries still coming! Salad drawer in the fridge is a strange place to Mr Westi so always hide anything he shouldn't eat in there! He's cool when the salad contents are on a plate with calorific dressing but can't join the dots or be bothered to DIY it!
Westi
Stephen
KG Regular

White chocolate? Not for me - all sugar and hardly any chocolate.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
hollyMiller
KG Regular

I did it couple of times! I usually use white chocolate for strawberries and dark or milk chocolate for bananas. Actually chocolate help me to enjoy strawberries. I don't like a taste of them. But when I put it in a fridge for a while, it taste like an icecream :)
Kayburton
KG Regular

Strawberries aren't just great with white chocolate. It goes well with milk chocolate, ice cream and caramel. The tastes are different. But this is a favorite treat for a romantic evening 8)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic