Mmmm, peaches

General Cooking tips

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

robo
KG Regular

My friend in Spain had around 20 acres of peaches almost ready for picking they pick them before they are ripe so when they hit the sales or market they are perfect ,the evening before the planned day to pick we had a thunder storm a very ferocious storm with very large hail stones this put holes in a lot of peaches and badly bruised the rest he had to pick them then tip them in one of his fields he tells me he can’t leave them on the tree as the duce runs down the branches and damages them , 10,000 euros worth dumped but about four nights later there was a lot of noise coming from near his dump so he went to investigate turned the lights on that are on his tractor he saw a large pack of drunken wild boar these are dangerous enough sober but when they have been eating fermenting peaches he stayed away said they were fighting between themselves ,just shows it’s not just humans who fight when they are drunk
Primrose
KG Regular

Interesting and rather sad story for a professional farmer. Probably a wise decision to keep out of the way though. I bet the wasps had a field day too!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic