soup making

General Cooking tips

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Marigold
KG Regular

Ricard with an H wrote:Mine is done Marigold, and the bread is just out of the oven.

I'm mostly cooking for one because I'm a bachelor five days. Sort of a 5/2 matrimonial diet. Cooking for one can easily end up boring or you throw stuff ans many creations are difficult to create for just one if you're not a chef.

Last week I made soup and made a portion of dumplings twice as much as I could eat so I put half the dumplings in the fridge for the next day. It doesn't work, they were hard and uninviting.

Even frozen and defrosted bread is never as good as fresh.

Ah you are doing well! My meals tend to be simple as I have M.E and if I take time to make a meal I can be too exhausted to eat it...So I cook for 2 or three days. So no " creations" here. I learned that the hard way and I no longer have hens to eat the remnants! On the island i made bread once a fortnight and froze it and it did well. Love toast.. Here I buy whatever bread is reduced and in summer at one market the bread man gives me day old bread in a wide variety. I get some unusual breads. We change as we age do we not? And quite right too; I can no longer eat a big meal but graze through the day.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic