Healthy and balanced diet

General Cooking tips

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Elton
KG Regular

Eat healthy and balanced diet to maintain a healthy body weight.
Don't eat too much fats, fatty, and junk foods these can raise the cholesterol level.
Eat more natural and organic protein foods i.e eggs, fish, meat, yogurt, cheese, banana, sweet potato, beans, and rice etc. to gain your muscular weight.
Adam Prowse Personal Trainer,
2/539 High Street Maitland,
New South Wales 2320, Australia
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

I have high cholesterol but I don't eat junk or fatty foods. My Cholesterol was fine until the 'recommended' goal-posts were moved, some cynics think those targets were convenient for the sales of statins though at a time when so many people are obese we shouldn't frown on any advise that is targeting poor health.

Most of you live in the city, towns and villages. Congregating with other people is bad for your health, being miserable isn't good for your health. Most food we eat is likely to contain something that isn't good for us and that half bottle of wine I drink with my food is a killer.

I have two cobalt-chrome hip-resurfacings which are slowly leaching cobalt-ions into my blood steam and the surgery just insisted I had the jab for shingles which could be doing a lot of harm not to mention the aluminium in it just to provoke my immune system possibly helping with early-onset dementure or A.D.

Most people on this forum, because of it's topic, are likely to be keen on a healthy diet and some regular activity so it looks like you may be preaching to the converted. :D
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
calmman1987
KG Regular

Could anyone advise me a recipe for diet meal, I am so fat
alan refail
KG Regular

Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
robo
KG Regular

I am well over weight I could do with losing around three stone but I eat healthy I never stop working apart from this week I've had a lazy one , most of my weight problems are caused by steroids that are in the inhaler I take for asthma it's funny my doctor never mentions my weight when I see him usually once every five years or so fish and salad for tea tonight washed down with a few red wines
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

calmman1987 wrote:Could anyone advise me a recipe for diet meal, I am so fat

Stop eating so much, do some digging, some walking, get the ladders out and clean the windows, clean your car, cut the grass, take the dog for two miles, strip the peeling paintwork and re-new it, clean your car inside and out, buy a bike and ride it, go swimming, go shopping without your car.

I could go on-and-on.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Ooh you're a hard man Richard :D. Add to your fitness recommendations lots of fresh fruit and veg, no refined carbs and no sugary drinks and you've just about nailed it.
Last edited by PLUMPUDDING on Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

I make no apology for what I wrote though maybe I should have wrote nothing and gone into the very same denial.

My best friend and partner is overweight into the unhealthy and dangerous area, she used to teach nutrition and exercise and was a paragon at the time.

The sad thing is she hates herself.

After each of my hip replacements I put on 15 kilos because of the need to rest, boredom sets in and too much eating and drinking.

Hard work and determination got me back to my "fighting weight" between 70 and 75 kilos.

Walking is painful but I walk.
I don't do hobby eating.
Riding a bike is hard work but it works, only 30 munites a day works.
Working is hard work but I work.
Richard.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

I wasn't criticising what you said Richard, I completely agree but it takes a lot of effort to both face up to things and start to do something about it. I had a spinal injury and went from super fit to 2 stone over weight in less than a year and I'm still trying to lose the last half stone.
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

I know you wasn't criticising my comment PP, I just felt the need to elaborate. So much I've read suggests it hasn't been PC to use the F word and articles written for fat people in magazines suggesting they could be happy and it's fun being fat.

Now, after so many years of acceptance we have an epidemic.

A number of years ago I was involved in a documentary by the BBC, so obviously government sponsored as the health service started its decline.

The message was that us old gits are living too long, having far too much fun, spending our money and leaving nothing to family and government. The bloody cheek of it is that most of us my age have been careful, we got nothing from our parents then after a period of time people started to regard the NHS as responsible for their health and how difficult it is to buy a house. It was never easy to buy a house, I worked seven days a week and often fourteen hours to save and then pay a mortgage.

As each generation matures it wants more and more easy, a lady was bitching because she could only afford beans on toast for breakfast.

I'll get my coat.
Richard.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Yes a big part of today's problems are people not taking responsibility for their own health and finances. They are encouraged to want everything now, not to live within their means and save up for items they can't afford. The debt culture is now normal and I think it is a travesty to expect students whose parents can't afford to pay for them to have to start their adult life with a huge student loan to pay off which gives the impression that debt is alright. It is good for the banks but not the ones doing the borrowing.

When we had to be careful with money we couldn't afford to go binge drinking and eating processed rubbish, but we still went out and enjoyed ourselves.

You've set me off on a rant now :D so I'll shut up.
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

I can't quite let this die so one more rant.

When I saved up to buy a house I didn't have a car because I couldn't afford both so I walked or caught the bus. Eventually I wrote my bike to work.

Youngsters have to have a car now so they can't afford other stuff like saving for a home. My formal education stalled after secondary school though it continued in less formal ways. Owing money to someone wasn't acceptable though even as I matured I bumped into friends who boasted they had a bank account and could write a cheque for money they didn't have and suffer the consequences later.

Most people in those days lived in rented accommodation including us, my parents never managed to gain responsibility for property because it was rented and so this is happening again though for different reasons.

People round here think I'm mad always painting and mending, is it me ?
Richard.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Well i have just lost some weight and saved some money, :) as i have just managed to wrench the last of my Wisdom teeth out.....i have been battling with this one for nearly a week, so very pleased it has gone.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Primrose
KG Regular

Hope you heal soon OH, and then you can enjoy some pork crackling or pork scratchings again :lol:
Monika
KG Regular

Better out than troublesome, OH, but are you any less wise now?

Richard, I do agree with you: it pains me when I see children being driven to our village school when it is perfectly safe to walk there. We have lived in our house for 35 years now and there are some neighbours, especially the younger ones, whom I have never ever seen walking, only in their cars.

As for a 'healthy and balanced diet', everything in moderation, I say,
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic