Is it better to hand wash or use dishwasher?

General Cooking tips

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

oliviamia1351
KG Regular

Is it better to hand wash or use dishwasher?

Postby oliviamia1351 » Wed May 26, 2021 11:58 am

All of you can suggestion me about my question
0 x
SelmaAdam
KG Regular

Re: Is it better to hand wash or use dishwasher?

Postby SelmaAdam » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:45 pm

This depends on the amount of the load you are having.If you have less you may wash off the sink.But the dishwasher save water than handwashing.
0 x
Westi
KG Regular

Postby Westi » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:33 pm

I use the dishwater irregularly as only 2 of us so it is not needed unless guests & they are few & far between currently. I do pop a few things in now & again but it takes so long, so not really for my benefit but it has a water source & then you have other things to consider as have to run the taps/machine as other nasties beside Covid! Legionnaire's likes sitting water! In answer to your question Olivia (Welcome btw), it kind of depends on how long the hot tap is running & changes of water. As for your question if a greasy big roast for many with lots of trays & stuff then dishwasher, if limited numbers then hand wash.
0 x
Westi
robo
KG Regular

Postby robo » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:27 pm

I find it hard to get my hands in the dishwasher when it’s running I can manage the washing machine but all the clothes come out dirty , to be honest it depends on the state of the water after washing the dishes
Last edited by robo on Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Monika
KG Regular

Postby Monika » Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:42 pm

I am afraid we use the dishwasher daily although it's usually just the two of us. Can't be bothered to do it by hand when there is a perfectly good machine which does it better. It also means there is never any dirty crockery or cutlery hanging about. It all goes into the machine after each meal which then runs in the evening and is emptied before bedtime.
0 x
Primrose
KG Regular

Postby Primrose » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:52 pm

We managed 30 years without a dishwasher and then opted for a slimline one when our kitchen was refitted. (There are onky two of us except when entertaining)

I think not having one made me more economical in the use of plates, utensils etc. I would keep a bowl of soapy water in the sink all day and wash& immediately reuse any dirty utensils, beakers etc. However increasing age has encouraged us not to waste time and effort on non essential activities and being able to get up after a meal and just shove most things in the dishwasher has its advantages!
0 x

Return to “Cooking tips”