Burns Night coming up...

General Cooking tips

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Stravaig
KG Regular

Re: Burns Night coming up...

Postby Stravaig » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:53 pm

Sorry I didn't reply before and thanks for your interest. Though I say it myself, it was a huge success and people were still talking about it for ages after. Even a couple of weeks ago someone said again how great the curry was.

Mind you, I had a lot of help with the event, although not in the kitchen - my choice. We had someone on the door to welcome guests and take their coats, live musicians, a waiter, perople making speeches, a wonderful Chairman/MC, and so on. All friends who volunteered to muck in. It was a real community effort.

Oh, and when I eventually plucked up the courage to tackle the kitchen the following day I discovered that two of the guests had already done it all! Or maybe they were magic elves.
1 x
Kayburton
KG Regular

Postby Kayburton » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:00 am

Let's think backwards. When you come to a party, are you offered a personalized menu, or do you eat what the party organizers have prepared? I think no. To adapt to the wishes of everyone and to cook 3 dishes individually for everyone is not preparation for a party, but hard labor. You can make some kind of vegetarian dish, just in case. For example, grilled vegetables are eaten by everyone, both vegetarians and supporters of traditional food. As for me, the only thing that needs to be very clearly understood is the spiciness of the dishes. Not many people like spicy foods. Therefore, it is better to make curry slightly spicy, but prepare a spicy sauce separately, which everyone can add to the dish at will.
0 x
Stravaig
KG Regular

Postby Stravaig » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:20 pm

I must've got it right. I met a few friends yesterday for a picnic. And they are still talking about that curry! :lol:
1 x
Westi
KG Regular

Postby Westi » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:19 pm

Stravaig! It must have been impressive & quite a bash - how many did you have over? I always go for the smorgasbord for a crowd & ask one or 2 friends with a 'special' recipe to contribute a dish of their best.
0 x
Westi

Return to “Cooking tips”