Charlotte potatoes

Harvesting and preserving your fruit & veg

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Colin_M
KG Regular

Primrose wrote:My husband had just found a way of rescuing these truly dreadful potatoes and turning them into something really tasty.

He whacked them with a rolling pin, until they were partly broken up

Hi Primrose, yes a lot of restaurants that used to serve a slice of lamb with a snippet of blackcurrant "jus" are now also offering servings of "crushed new potatoes". Must be all the rage :D

After I'd had a couple of failures with our Charlottes, I tried par-boiling them, dicing whilst they could still handle it, then roasting them (similar to your OH's). As you found, the end result is pretty good.
Geoff
KG Regular

My Charlottes that looked normal, long and yellow, cooked as normal today. Impressed the visitors anyway with lamb from the farm ½ mile away and French Beans, Peas, Calabrese, Broad Beans and Courgettes all harvested after they arrived and decided to stay for dinner.
glallotments
KG Regular

I noticed the courgettes slipped in there - have you many then? :lol:
Geoff
KG Regular

I said 12 plants were too many then I damaged the roots on one planting them out so had to sow two spares. Of course it recovered and the spares grew - Romanesco are very prolific. Is there any chance of a mail order business?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic