Tomato & Bean yields

Harvesting and preserving your fruit & veg

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Primrose
KG Regular

2008 yields:

Tomatoes, 25 plants, 65lbs of tomatoes picked.
Climbing Beans (French/Runners) 24 plants, 48 lbs

Don't know how that compares with anybody else's yields if anybody has kept a record.
Arnie
KG Regular

HI Primrose

Well done you :P :) Thats something I,ve never thought about :o I might give that a go next year. Thats if I remember :?

Regards

Kevin :wink:
I've learned.... That the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am.
Primrose
KG Regular

All I need to know now is what is the average shop price per pound of vine tomatoes and beans, then I can work out roughly how much I've saved by growing my own, quite apart from the convenience and pleasure of just popping out into the garden to have fresh vegs at hands reach. Haven't bothered weighing and counting the courgettes and other stuff. Perhaps I should have done because we've had so many baby cougettes from 4 plants that I've lost count and they charge a fortune for them in the supermarkets.
Johnboy
KG Regular

Hi Primrose,
Well done that maiden! Here's power to your elbow!
JB.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

They sound really good yields Primrose. I've not weighed many things this year, but I've just counted the scars on the courgette stem in the greenhouse and it has produced 58 courgettes so far. I was going to throw it out, but it is still producing and I've managed to drag it sideways so it isn't blocking the path now.

My best tomato has been Double Rich that I got from the Seed Swap and one plant has had 14 fruits averaging over 1 lb each. It is a very good flavour and is nice and solid with very few seeds, but I have saved some for next year. Thanks to Cevenol jardin for the seeds.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic