Tigerella Tomatoes

Harvesting and preserving your fruit & veg

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Essexboy
KG Regular

How have people got on with the freebie Tigerella tomatoes that came free with KG magazine? I have had a huge crop from them, both outside and under glass. The plants are huge and appear to be fairly resistant to blight and mildew. Wish I could say the same about everything else!!
This is my first time on the new forum, like to say hello to anyone who remembers me from my old incarnation Duncan from Kettering.
Chantal
KG Regular

Essexboy, what on earth have you done to get outdoor tomatoes? I don't know anyone else who has any at all after the blight.

My outdoor Tigerella died of blight.

My indoor ones are the only ones to be cropping apart from the Sungold. My mother has told me that hers have huge trusses of fruit; the best she's ever seen.

We're both going for them again next year. :D
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Gilly C
KG Regular

I have blight on my 1 indoor plant very disappointed with all the indoor ones but tumblers are cropping well outdoors, am overwhelmed with cucumbers grown mini-munch at least 6 every day picked 12 toda,y peppers and chillies doing well as is lettuce bowl rocket and sweet and greek basil aubergines and melon poor
Tigger
KG Regular

I've got some but I don't know what they are! They're self seeders, so could be one of many. Jut waiting to see what they look and taste like.

I've got at least 2 dozen plants amongst the gravel in my veg garden. There's a variety of growth patterns and flowers.
Jenny Green
KG Regular

I might try these next year too.
Ferline is doing me proud this year outside as usual.
(Formerly known as 'Organic Freak')
Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed.
mandylew
KG Regular

I am very pleased with the crop although as they ripen the stripes have almost disappeared, i wondered if i should have fed them something to get the colour mix, i'm a bit forgetful when it comes to care of my greenhouse plants, but they have thrived nonetheless and sungold too.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic