Tomato Latah

Harvesting and preserving your fruit & veg

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Carole B.
KG Regular

Got the seeds from the Real Seed Company,sowed them with other outdoor varieties and put them in pots alongside the wall of the house and I've got one ripening,it's even beating the varieties in the greenhouse! I know they said it was early maturing but I'm impressed.
I know others out there are trying them,how are yours?
Geoff
KG Regular

They were growing as such strange shaped plants I didn't commit to growing on all my plants, wish I had! Two in the greenhouse in large pots gave two of us a meal last weekend and there should be even more this weekend. I wouldn't say they are tops for flavour (to be fair Real Seeds didn't comment on the flavour) but still better than bought and an interesting fleshy texture. Have now put the neglected spares outside and will get something off them, proving again poor plants give the earliest crops.
Have you experimented with anything else from Real Seeds - I have been impressed with everything I've tried of theirs particularly Mangetout Golden Sweet.
Chez
KG Regular

Carole & Geoff - what is their flavour supposed to be like? If good, I would be interested in growing some next year too.
The cow is of the bovine ilk
One end is moo, the other, milk.
Carole B.
KG Regular

Hi Chez,the flavour of Latah is quite mild with a slight sharpness and a bit of a floury texture but pleasant none the less.I'm also trying a couple of french beans 'Cupidon'and 'Cherokee trail of tears',a white beetroot and Pumpkin Northern Bush.Oh and Leek bleu Solaise(?) I sure there's some more but I can't think what at the moment!
Lyn
KG Regular

I grew Cherokee beans from Real Seeds last year for the first time, and was really impressed with them, so they are a "must" from now on. Also growing their Cupidon beans, Sanguina beetroot, and Precoce de Louvier cabbage. The beets are already measuring over an inch in diameter at their tops, and the Precoce cabbages are romping away ahead of other varieties (Greyhound and Advantage). I personally would strongly recommend Real Seeds - I believe they have changed their name to Vidaverde or something like that. Their catalogue, although there are no pictures, makes fascinating bedtime reading!
Lyn
Piglet
KG Regular

We buy salad stuff and peppers from them as well as carrots .I am very impressed so far with them.
Kindest Regards, Piglet

http://pigletsplots.blogspot.com/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic