All Gold

Harvesting and preserving your fruit & veg

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Nature's Babe
KG Regular

Well, I just picked the last few all gold raspberries today and a few late cape gooseberries - but the outdoor grapes are still small and greenish with a slight blush - what a year !
Sit down before a fact as a little child, be prepared to give up every preconcieved notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss nature leads, or you shall learn nothing.
By Thomas Huxley
http://www.wildrye.info/reserve/
Primrose
KG Regular

NB - I'm surprised your grapes have survived the birds. I've never picked raspberries this late in the year, even my Autumn Bliss variety and wonder what the flavour was like? Did they end up tasting "mouldy" like blackberries do at this time of year?
glallotments
KG Regular

We picked raspberries and blackberries last week and even had some red strawberries but we actually forgot to check whether they we still OK for eating. We have been picking a few strawberries each week up until now - a late variety - Flamenco. Usually the flowers have been frosted at this stage.

The raspberries - Joan J and All Gold and the blackberries - Loch Ness tasted just fine. Loch Ness is a young thornless plant only planted last year, it only has a couple of canes about seven feet long and has produced well for it's size. and it seems to fruit later than the old thorny one that we have had for years
Nature's Babe
KG Regular

Flavour of the all gold was fine Primrose, I trim only what has fruited and the lower part of the canes give an early crop next year before the next years canes produce their late crop
Sit down before a fact as a little child, be prepared to give up every preconcieved notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss nature leads, or you shall learn nothing.
By Thomas Huxley
http://www.wildrye.info/reserve/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic