Rudolph potatoes - did anyone else grow these?

General tips / questions on seeding & planting

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Elle's Garden
KG Regular

I had a bag of these free with my tuber order this winter and they have been growing in the same plot as the Maris Pipers, King Edwards and Desiree. All the plants have been looking healthy and just started flowering. But several of the Rudolph variety started to yellow and shrivel - so we dug them up and removed them. The few tubers on them are red of course, but quite tiny. I would just like to know if anyone else grew them this year or last and if so do you have any comments? There are still about 6 plants growing of the 10 planted.
Kind regards,

Elle
Nature's Babe
KG Regular

Have you dug the other potatoes yet Elle? Just wondering what size they are? How much rain have you had, could it be a lack of moisture ?
I haven't grown Rudulf Yet.
Sit down before a fact as a little child, be prepared to give up every preconcieved notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss nature leads, or you shall learn nothing.
By Thomas Huxley
http://www.wildrye.info/reserve/
Elle's Garden
KG Regular

Hi NB, sorry for tardy reply, I struggle to find time to get on at the moment! :cry: No, I haven't dug anymore plants up as they still look good and green at the moment. I don't think it has been a problem with moisture - certainly not over the last 6 weeks or so anyway. The other plants, onions, carrots & beetroot are looking great, as are the other pots, so I am sure it is not that. I will keep leaving them for now until it is time to harvest and see what they crop like. I'll let you know when I have. 8)
Kind regards,

Elle
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic