Help

General tips / questions on seeding & planting

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

pinkyalexa
KG Regular

Any free tips?
Westi
KG Regular

Loads of free tips but best give us an idea of what you want to do, long term plan, challenges of the soil in your chosen growing area, do you want flowers in the mix, what previous experience you have, what you would like to try, want to have hens? etc.

We might be a small forum but have masses of diversity. Our growing techniques differ due to adaptations due to where we live in the UK or Europe, we have members challenging themselves & having success with plants that should not be grown in this climate, we have dig & no dig & don't bite each other with the choice, we have vegan, vegetarian & carnivores but happy to share nice recipes, we have farmers, allotment growers, back garden growers & patio growers, we have growers with years of experience, some qualified & some just plodding on doing what they can with the limitations of age or circumstance.

No-one will diss you, just advise as best able & at the end of the day my message is soak up what is shared, adapt the good ideas, tweak things a bit to suit your needs & my greatest advice is never give up! Some plants never want to play or the weather sulks. There are plenty of varieties that might like your area to try & if a bit stubborn like me, just don't give too much space to your ongoing challenges, by all means keep trying but remember the point is to get crops so space is precious!
Westi
Stephen
KG Regular

All tips, hints and guidance are free but, as Westi points out, we need to know what to focus on.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic