Repairing pear tree

General tips / questions on seeding & planting

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Pa Snip
KG Regular

Barry, how's it going with the pear tree splint.

Have confidence, and have a look and what has happened with mine at

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13443&p=131970#p131970

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Barry
KG Regular

I have at least 3-4 shoots emerging on the three inches of trunk still attached to the graft union, suggesting that, if I leave the partially attached top half in place allowing the tree to pull in sun light, it should survive. And, if I am lucky, I should be able to cut off the failed top half at some time in the future and regrow the tree from below.

At least, that is the plan!
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Barry wrote: if I am lucky, I should be able to cut off the failed top half at some time in the future and regrow the tree from below.

At least, that is the plan!

Nothing wrong with having that plan, we both just have to bear in mind that the best laid plans of .........................etc: etc:

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Barry
KG Regular

Quite!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic