Liquid manuring

General tips / questions on seeding & planting

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Regor
KG Regular

I'm feeding everything using a mix of pee and comfrey tea , I'm hoping this will result in a fairly balanced fertiliser as the two have quite different values. The plants seem to enjoy it anyhow ! I've previously used Tomorite and can't see any difference, cheaper too !
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

That sounds like a good mix. The worm wee I collect from my wormery makes a noticeable difference to the house plants -diluted quite a bit. I also use comfrey tea on the tomatoes, and have nettles stewing in another bin.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

I had never seen comfrey root until yesterday.

No wonder its a struggle to keep under control !!!!!!! and the resulting liquid stinks.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Johnboy
KG Regular

Hi Pa,
If you make comfrey concentrate it doesn't smell.
A good mixture for all purposes is Comfrey, Borage and Nettle. All can be made into concentrates.
Concentrates can be stored in cannisters ready for use the next year even before comfrey, Borage or nettles have produced a new leaf.
JB.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic