Recycling Deep Fat Fryer Basket

General tips / questions on seeding & planting

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Pa Snip
KG Regular

Have you finally decided to bin the deep fat fryer, or maybe its just given up the ghost on you.
In fact maybe you've never had one but have seen the odd discarded example or two.

The basket makes a damn good sieve which is ideal for use in the potting shed or greenhouse when filling seed trays.

You don't need one ?? Are you sure ? you might be surprised just what you can sieve out from a new bag of compost

DSC_567501.jpg
DSC_567501.jpg (59.04 KiB) Viewed 3869 times

DSC_567703.jpg
DSC_567703.jpg (48.26 KiB) Viewed 3869 times

DSC_568006.jpg
DSC_568006.jpg (57.43 KiB) Viewed 3869 times

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I just love these free and simple ideas.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Primrose
KG Regular

I've found a surprising number of stones in my current batch of compost bags, not to mention worms ! I'm all for recycling and finding new uses for old items.
We recently cut back the struts on an old rotary clothes airer by two thirds and removed the chord to make a very effective three armed bird feeder which is very effective. Any seeds which drop out of the feeder tubes just fall on the grass and are gobbled up by ground feeders. If any seeds germinate, the lawn mower just trims them down.
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

I love it.

Reusing stuff rather than sending it too the tip makes me feel so good and it's not just about saving money.

Well done Mr Snip.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
Beryl
KG Regular

Yes, well done Mr. Snip. I did a similar thing with an old wire flour sifter some years ago now. Worked well for small amounts.

Beryl.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic