about losing weight

General tips / questions on seeding & planting

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

clairelv1
KG Regular

i want to lose weight and my good friend told me to eat eggs only everyday for a week then i will lost at least 10pound .eat more than 15eggs everyday . i trusted because she was fat before but becoming very slim recently ,so i really want to try ,but still a little bit worried for eating so many eggs everyday ! does anyone know it ? is it healthy ? can i do it ? thank you !
peter
KG Regular

Aren't eggs hogh in cholesterol?
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

Clair, it might be a good idea to join a weight loss forum for your needs.

For what it's worth my advice is grow and eat lot's of vegetables, never sit down for more than an hour each day, do something that gets you breathing heavily each day, don't use your car and only eat what you need to survive rather than hobby-eating.

Join a dance class, do salsa, go swimming, walk for an hour every day and buy a heart-rate-monitor then read the instructions and do-it.

Eating eggs is good for you but eating that many eggs like eating lot's of any one thing is not good for you and you'll probably have evacuation problems.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
Elaine
KG Regular

Hello Claire. Having had weight issues most of my adult life, I can assure you the only way to lose weight and be healthy, is eat less and exercise more.
These fad diets which you eat only one thing, whether it's eggs, fruit or cabbage, are NOT healthy...yes you may lose some weight but it will come back... plus extra.... once you start eating a normal diet again. You need a balanced diet to be healthy. Losing 10lb in a week is outrageous...you should aim to lose 1-2lb a week!

Try Slimming World or WeightWatchers where you eat a good healthy balanced diet which consists of most things you like...(you don't have to live on cottage cheese and lettuce these days) and you have the guidance and support of the class leader and all the other folks who are in the same position as yourself. I believe you can do it online too.

Personally, the thought of eating 15 boiled eggs a day makes me feel ill! :shock: :shock:
I can feel my arteries clogging up with cholesterol just thinking about it....
Happy with my lot
Elaine
KG Regular

And what Richard says is spot on... :wink:
Happy with my lot
Cider Boys
KG Regular

I have only found one sure and proven exercise to loose weight and that is to do plenty of press-ups, that is early press-ups from the table!

Best wishes

Barney
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

The only time I put weight on was when recovering from surgery, hip replacements slowed me down with a lot of sitting.

75 kilos to 90 kilos in six weeks with some hobby-eating, it took two years to get back to my fighting weight after two hips replacements.

I'm now steady again under 75 kilos, I don't do twinky-bars, cakes, chips, ice cream, cola, pizza, fish-and-chips et-al on a regular basis but I do indulge on the occasion. I like a regular drink and I never stop until I'm too tired to continue because there is so much that needs doing.

Hobby eating is a problem, why doesn't our wonderful body tell us we had enough to eat ?
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
WestHamRon
KG Regular

Ricard with an H wrote:The only time I put weight on was when recovering from surgery, hip replacements slowed me down with a lot of sitting.

75 kilos to 90 kilos in six weeks with some hobby-eating, it took two years to get back to my fighting weight after two hips replacements.

I'm now steady again under 75 kilos, I don't do twinky-bars, cakes, chips, ice cream, cola, pizza, fish-and-chips et-al on a regular basis but I do indulge on the occasion. I like a regular drink and I never stop until I'm too tired to continue because there is so much that needs doing.

Hobby eating is a problem, why doesn't our wonderful body tell us we had enough to eat ?

I drink like that too ! :lol:
Johnboy
KG Regular

I used to take two heaped teaspoonfuls of sugar with a cup of tea but for the last 2 years I have taken a very strict level teaspoon of sugar and as a net result I have lost 3 stones in weight. I am now a rather slimish 12.5 stones. I have made no other alteration to my diet over this period. However I used to be 5ft 10ins and am now only 5ft 7.5ins. due to getting on a bit I suppose.
JB.
Tigger
KG Regular

I would offer 2 contributions...........as I manage Public Health in my job, Slimming World has the greatest success in getting people to lose weight. My other offer would be that Michel Roux has done extensive research into the use and impact of eggs and he has failed to find a connection between weight, cholesterol and eggs.

There are 2 types of cholesterol and you need to know what you are trying to control/reduce.
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

I don't disagree with any contribution offered though here is a clue. We have both lost weight on a weeks holiday that included far too much walking for my orthopedic problems though just enough for her too loose an impressive and encouraging few pounds.

Regular exercise for anyone who carries excess pounds will result eventually in weight-loss proving the diet is sensible. If you work too hard you'll be hungry, working hard enough somit doesn't trigger hunger is a fine balance easily achieved with a heart-rate-monitor. If your exercise makes you dream of sweet-stuff you have gone way-way over for your current fitness level.
Richard.
clairelv1
KG Regular

after so many days i totally failed ! so sad ! if i can't continue to do anything then i will do nothing successfully !!!! :(
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

Most-definitely you are Amongst supportive and understanding company. Not sharing their experience isn't an indication of indifference, not in my experience.

Everyone has a solution to a problem if they search enough or are determined enough for that solution.

For those who dealt with this particular problem and ended up with a solution, it's easy. For those who haven't dealt with the problem it isn't easy.
Richard.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Have to say threads of this type concern me.

No offence to original poster intended, but I do have genuine concern about what I have seen written on this thread and another one on the same subject by the same new member.

Some answers seem to be actively encouraging clairelv1 although we have no idea of any medical or other issues there may be.

Seems a slightly dangerous way of going about things to me.
Surely, the only comment we should be making to someone whom we don't know and who only joined at the beginning of this month is:-
Consult your doctor.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Elaine
KG Regular

Pa Snip, I agree with you but this lady seems intent on losing weight at any cost...if she joined an organisation, she would be guided and supported throughout. Most folks who want to lose weight don't consult their GP...unless they have other underlying health issues....they just go for it. However, the GP can refer the patient to a dietician who will give sound advice and recommendations.

I have known folks desperate to "be slim", try the most awful fad diets which are unhealthy to say the least. Any diet or eating plan which advocates losing 10lb in one week most definitely falls into this category. :shock:
Happy with my lot
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic