"How to grow tasty tomatoes"

General tips / questions on seeding & planting

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Ricard with an H
KG Regular

I have only used balsamic with fruit salads and green salads, I'm about to go onto a learning curve now I have these very fabulous, low acidly balsamics. I'm fairly sure that most balsamic vinegars are 5% acidity or even more. The ones I have are 3% acidity, you can always add acidy later.

Some use balsamic with meat cookery, this I have yet to try.

I was in Waitrose today, a bit of an extension to my holiday because we don't have Waitrose where I live. Most, if not all the balsamics where Modina balsamic and none gave any idea of acidy levels or fruit content though I didn't have my reading specs so may have missed it.

Regarding growing tomatoes in a purpose built unit, well didn't I just start pencilling in plans to do just that. I have two plans neither of which I'm yet committed too and may yet be shelved whilst I try to grow then under netting with an alternate polythene cover though James Wong main taints it is sunlight quality rather than heat that tasty toms need.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
clairelv1
KG Regular

i think it should be great and interesting .so just try it ..
Cider Boys
KG Regular

If you want tasty tomatoes then do not over water them.

Barny
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

I was once schooled by a regular tomato grower who caught me trying to grow tomatoes for the first time, this very helpfull bloke had me flooding the pots every day with water and wo-betide me if I ever forgot a watering.

My tomatoe seedlings have failed, probably through neglect. Tomorrow Im On the hunt for four plants and I'll let you know what I ended up with when I end up with plants because right now I have to grow what I can get my hands on.

Amazing that those few tomatoe plants failed when last year and the year before I had plants growing out of the compost pile from seeds of discarded tomatoes.

This gardening lark isn't easy, I love it.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic