A 'different' plant to try this year.

Need to know the best time to plant?

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Kleftiwallah
KG Regular

Have a go at tomatillo. Like a weird tomato and is excelent in salsa. Go-on give it a go, :twisted: you know you want to. :evil: Cheers, Tony.
Primrose
KG Regular

Natures Babe kindly sent me some tomatillo seeds last year but it was a little late in the season so I just sowed a couple of seeds as a trial. They did yield about half a dozen fruits but annoyingly they keeled over while we were away on holiday and we never got to taste them. So I'm going to try again this year, sowing earlier, and hopefully will have better luck. I've never, ever seen them on sale in supermarkets or ethnic stores which is why I'm all the more intrigued to give them a try.
Geoff
KG Regular

We grow them outside every year, sow mid April, plant out end of May or after last frost. Remember they are not self fertile so you need to grow several. Easiest to support with pea stick type twigs.
tracie
KG Regular

I am having a go at Kaibroc. This is a kind of broccoli cross which is ready quickly from planting, and produces many secondary shoots from the sides which are said to be sweet and plenyfull.

Has anybody else tried to grow this :?:

Tracie
who needs the gym when you have an allotment
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic