shows to visit

Need to know the best time to plant?

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

nemo
KG Regular

hello we don't have many horticultural shows in Ireland so we are thinking of getting the ferry from Ireland and arriving at Pembroke, Swansea or Fishguard. we would prefer not to travel more than 20-50km from the port.could you recommend a show that would be near the ferry ports listed above. we would be interested in attending a flower show but would prefer a show that would have vegetable and flower on display.thanks in advance
regards nemo
Colin_M
KG Regular

we would prefer not to travel more than 20-50km from the port

I'm afraid someone like Alan or JB will have to help you out with shows in Wales.

Apart from that, here's one to get you started:Malvern Spring show

Apart from shows in Wales, it's sort of near(ish)! I've never been to the Spring Malvern show, but a few years ago met up with a good few people from this forum (inc. Chantal, Tigger, Seedling and Johnboy plus others) at their Autumn show and would go again. Maybe you could start something off!
alan refail
KG Regular

Hi Nemo

I'm not sure I can be of much help :x

We are not really near Pembrokeshire. Many parts of Wales, too, are not much given to horticultural shows any more. I suspect that in the South-west your choice will be between Agricultural shows and village shows (the latter are a bit of a hit and miss affair).

You could perhaps get in touch with Ben and Kate at REAL SEEDS. They are next door to Fishguard and might have some good local information if you ask nicely :wink: You could say Alan from Gwynedd suggested you contact them.
Tigger
KG Regular

The Welsh Show is one of the few big agricultural shows left and I am told it's very good. You should be able to find some information about it on the net.
alan refail
KG Regular

Tigger wrote:The Welsh Show is one of the few big agricultural shows left and I am told it's very good. You should be able to find some information about it on the net.

I think Llanelwedd is rather further than Nemo wanted to travel :(
snooky
KG Regular

The Pembrokeshire County Show at Withybush in August is excellent.Have a look at this link:-www.pembrokeshirecountyshow.co.uk
Regards snooky

---------------------------------
A balanced diet is a beer in both hands!
WARNING.!!... The above post may contain an opinion
nemo
KG Regular

thanks everyone for your reply s
Tigger
KG Regular

Pity Llanelwedd is too far 'cos there's a smallholding and gardening show ther too, in May.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic