Seeds online from Alan Romans Seeds.

Need to know the best time to plant?

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Iain
KG Regular

To many this'll not be news. However, I feel compelled to record the following. Seeds I ordered online from Alan Romans Seeds cost 0.50p per packet (a few were 0.80p). Ordered on Tuesday, arrived on Thursday. Received by email 1.receipt 2. notification of dispatch, with tracker number. Hard to fault such pricing and service.
I have no interest in this company other than as a source of seeds.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Iain, thanks for posting that.
Now thats the sort of service all the companies should be providing, but sadly don't.

I do feel it's as important to praise the good companies, as moan about the bad ones.

A family run company that i can't praise highly enough is, JK PLUGS of Ennerdale view nursery, Cumbria.
They offer a good service as above, and even rang to say the plants had been dispatched.

And they all have lovely accents as well. :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
skinny_bum
KG Regular

Hi
I think that what you are saying is so true.

I have used the company Alan Romans to order my spuds, they came well packed and each bag of spuds was lables and maked, in a net bag, would I order again? Yes I would.

Another company I use is a company on ebay (& you can find them if you google them) called Premier seeds direct

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Premier-Seeds-Direct

they are brill, they have the usual and the unusual and are the only site that I know off on ebay that are Defra registered which is great for us.
Most of their veg is priced as 99p and you get loads of seeds in a bag for that, plus postage no matter how many packs you order is only 70p, not bad and well worth a look.

SB :D
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Thanks for recommending Premier Seeds Skinnybum. I've just had a look and they have some really good varieties and the prices are much cheaper than the usual seed companies. I wish I'd seen this before I had my last seed buying spree.

I've also been very satisfied with the service from Alan Romans both for potatoes and seeds. It is nice to see positive feedback on suppliers.
skinny_bum
KG Regular

Hi P.P
Glad that i could be of some help, but as you said maybe I should have posted the site earlier :roll: , but there is always next year for some great stuff.

8) SB
Colin_M
KG Regular

skinny_bum wrote:Another company I use is a company on ebay (& you can find them if you google them) called Premier seeds direct
Most of their veg is priced as 99p and you get loads of seeds in a bag for that

Hi SB, I tried out Premier Seeds and saw they had a fairly good range. In addition delivery was very prompt.

The only thing I'd query is the number of seeds. Most of the ones I ordered came in a small resealable plastic sachet, about the size of the foil inner packet you find inside many of the standard seed packets. For things like Borlotti, there were ceratinly far fewer seeds than I've had from other suppliers (eg. SOI, who are more expensive but supply far more seeds in their packets). For the time being, I'll reserve judgement till I've seen these germinate & sample the results of these varieties.
penny
KG Regular

:D I love MoreVeg - most seeds 50p and just a few so no guilt at getting new next time great service too. http://www.moreveg.co.uk/
Regards
Penny
So far the only thing that's green on my allotment is me.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic