Mice

Need to know the best time to plant?

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

MyraMouse

Thanks for the info re user name and thank you all for the ideas. Caught one- the other one was hopping around the lawn eating bird food flipped by the birds so I am still on guard!
Allan
KG Regular

Mice, voles, slugs and snails, what you will. As growers in the middle of the countryside we get all that vermin and more. The only 100% system of defence that I have is large cages 2'x 1' high, length depends on usage but mine are long enough for the long growbag trays or alternatively 2 of the large square ones. The frames are covered with metal mesh that comes in 3x2 sheets (netlon) or on a roll from some pet shops. The frames are made from 1"x1" timber, screwed and stapled at corners, then the mesh fixed with a staple gun. There is a lid that fits inside the top of the frames, supported by the overlapping mesh. Panels are tied together with garden wire but a better method is about to go on trial any day.
When not in use as cages the side panels are used as rabbit fence round lettuce,chicory etc. I have 8 sets, couldn't raise anything without them.
Allan
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic