COURGETTE PROBLEMS

Need to know the best time to plant?

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Compo
KG Regular

Mine are now established in the bed, have picked off the dead leaves and have a nice green centre to the plants, with one or two lil flowers, so not too worried now.

comps
If I am not on the plot, I am not happy.........
jopsy
KG Regular

I planted 2 more out today-they were looking OK as I left them! may run round later to check they are still there, and not suddenly gone all peculiar!
"Happiness is the sense that one matters"
tracie
KG Regular

mine were the same. feed with liquid seaweeed,watering the leaves as well as the roots and they will be huge in no time at all. Planted mine out in April covered with a cloch and I have picked the first ones today yum yum.
who needs the gym when you have an allotment
Silverfox
KG Regular

The flowers on my courgettes have wilted, dried up and then fell off. Does that now mean that the courgette will not get any bigger? Should I take them off of the plant so that others can grow?
Chantal
KG Regular

The courgette will keep growing without the flower; all courgettes dream of being marrows. The trick is to pick them at the size that you want them and not let any get away from you which will slow up production of more courgettes.
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
vicki
KG Regular

some of my courgettes have gone all thin and soft at one end - they look fine all the way along and then shrivel at one end, and look swoolen the other end. why would this be?
Smiling is infectious....
Beccy
KG Regular

Possibly because they were not completely pollinated, the normal looking bit was, but the shrivelled bit wasn't.
vicki
KG Regular

ooer! that sounds wierd! :? How would you stop that happening then? No real problem as I way more courgettes than I need, but it would be good to know!
Smiling is infectious....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic