Green foliage going yellow

Need to know the best time to plant?

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Primrose
KG Regular

Advice please! The foliage on my young tomato plants and climbing beans seems to be gradually turning more yellow instead of the healthy dark green it should be and I suspect this is a soil/mineral deficiency of some kind. Because of shortage of growing space I alternate their positions In the border every year and they grow with their roots in a trench of compost.

I've given the soil a dressing of chicken manure pellets but can anybody suggest something to restore the foliage to a healthier dark green colour . Neighbour's big shrubbery with roaming roots on the other side of the fence probably isn,t helping health of the soil despite my own efforts to improve it. :(
Westi
KG Regular

Hi Primrose!

Maybe a foliar seaweed feed? Don't really know but it always seems to perk up my wee plants & older guys!
Westi
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Dose of Epsom Salts ........................................... not joking. Diluted Feed to base of plants

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Monika
KG Regular

I agree with Pa snip. A foliar spray with Epsom salt will also help but it's not a quick solution. Too much watering could be another cause.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic