My Favourite Plant for December

Need to know the best time to plant?

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Westi
KG Regular

Welcome to the forum Tryithome!

Judging by your profile pic you come from somewhat a cooler climate than me. (Or you just love mountain peaks covered in snow). It is indeed dainty & pretty & I love the fact it has a scent. It's a weird year, so not counting this unusual weather event we are having, does it keep it's foliage as well as the flowers & seed heads? Just got a couple of obelisks that I grow clematis up during spring, summer & autumn so if it did give that interest over winter I'd have the year covered & not be looking at the bare bones structures from the kitchen window.

Westi
Westi
alan refail
KG Regular

gk.jpg
gk.jpg (76.03 KiB) Viewed 2503 times

Without a doubt it's my Golden King.
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

I also love mountains though I'm far to infirm these days to be a,ongst them, the recent flooding at Glennridding bought back many memories. I was probably one of the very first bikers to drag my bike up Helvelynn so I could enjoy riding my bike on that grassy area close to the peak.

I have a Clematis that gives me yellow bells during summer then frilly seed pods all through winter, I also planted more Clematis to climb along our Pembrokeshire bank hedges and some fencing.

Beti had her ladies operation so she can't have puppies two weeks ago so our walkies had to be in places she wouldn't pick up mud around the incision, difficult when you live on a farm but she has recovered and today we did our first muddy walkies.

Happy New Year to you all all.

Richard.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic