Marshalls seed growing guide

Need to know the best time to plant?

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Ricard with an H
KG Regular

Westi wrote:No matter how ruthless I try to be I just can't throw out a perfectly good plant so I always pot on both seedlings if they look healthy

Same here, easy if one is withered or much smaller otherwise I feel like a horticultural axe-man.

What I did with my extra sprouting broccoli seedlings was to keep them in pots and stand them alongside the ones growing in the ground under the cloches, even-so, I planted the broccoli too close together because I had the plants. I suggest to myself that I can always thin them later but I never do.

My kale was planted too close together though I think the only problem was some lower leaves start to go yellow, no problem, I prefer the top leaves though because they are rubbing on the enviromesh the top leaves have a sort of beige discolouration. Even though they are large plants planted too close together the weeds manage to grow between them.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
Stonecoloured
KG Regular

I've gone through and snipped the ones that have 0-1 set of leaves, when the other one sharing the pot has 2 leaves... that was an "easy" choice... My problem now is I have 2 x plants that both look good, have 2 sets of leaves and look healthy. So I'm leaving those! Will un-twine them later.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic