Whoop - They're a coming!

Need to know the best time to plant?

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Westi
KG Regular

I've never had such bad luck with sowing & planting! Mice in greenhouse and on lottie, bunnies & slimey things - lost all my squash, French beans, Runner beans, fennel - you name it something enjoyed it!

BUT today Runners up, found some parsnips, some fennel, swede, 3rd sowing of French beans successful, turnips, pumpkins, celeriac has shook off it's foliage attack....feeling optimistic! Just don't want any visits from 2 legged vermin this year!

Westi
Westi
Motherwoman
KG Regular

We've had a spate of sheds being broken into and tools taken lately. Two legged vermin are worse than all the rest. One of our plot holders had his shed broken into and the tools left by the gate as they were disturbed and then the police took his tools for evidence :cry: so he still didn't have his tools!

And as for the veg thieves... One year I was the only person on the site when 2 young men came across the fence and started taking sweetcorn, how far do you go to stop them?

So at the moment I put up with natural predators as it could be worse...

MW
Primrose
KG Regular

Obviously you wouldn't want to confront thieves if you were alone on an allotment but one of these personal attack alarms is a very useful device to carry with you. They are exceedingly loud and several bursts of it would almost certainly make them think twice about continuing with their activities.
Last edited by Primrose on Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Motherwoman
KG Regular

Good idea Primrose. I will investigate...
peter
KG Regular

Mobile phone, 999, robbery oe theft in progress., done quietly, then lay it on a bit thick about bring a single female, scared, unable to avoid thieves on way out, concerned for your personal safety. :wink:
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Weed
KG Regular

With respect...I don't think the Police would swallow that one Peter....I am too old, too ugly and definitely not a single female :wink:
I am in my own little world, ...it's OK, ...they know me there!
peter
KG Regular

True, but the advice was gor Westi. :D
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic