DIY seed tape. Easy-easy-easy.

Need to know the best time to plant?

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Pennyroyal
KG Regular

I think it's worth the effort for me - the garden is very exposed anything that makes getting little seeds into the ground in the right place is a good thing.

We have a few (only a few hopefully) wet days ahead, I will bring my veg seed tin down from the garden and make some strips so that I am ready for planting as soon as I can get up there again.
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

Sorry to drag this thread back to life, after experimenting with the K-roll seed tape thing I didn't actually sow any more. Now my beds are clearing I had room for more salad leaves and some radish. I can't think of anything else that will grow quick enough right now.

Using seeds in a tape make the whole sowing process so much easier for me and to be honest i'm likely to always sow after creating tapes or pads of seed that can be pressed into pots or trays.

Less likely for over crowding and a packet of seed really does go a long way.

I think what's been happening when I sow seeds I don't wear my reading glasses so whilst I can read number plates on the moon and i'm safe for driving I don't spot the seeds individually and my novice-ness said, "All those tiny seeds don't amount to much so bung-em-im".

I'm learning. :D
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic