Full Stop!

Need to know the best time to plant?

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Westi
KG Regular

All my plants in the back room seem to have ground to a halt. They look healthy so do you think it is just not enough light or actual sun with it being consistently cloudy and rainy? They are nice and warm and it is south facing but I do find myself flicking the light on more often.

Westi
Westi
Jude
KG Regular

Same goes for me, Westi, south facing kitchen window is normally almost obliterated by plants at this time of the year, it's most frustrating.
Jude

There are more questions than answers.
solway cropper
KG Regular

A lot of my stuff is sulking as well. Not much we can do about until things warm up I'm afraid.
Primrose
KG Regular

Somebody else I know was also complaining about this today. I think it's the lower light levels and lower temperatures generated by the rain, dark clouds and lack of sunlight. Not much one can do about it, I think, although I do find myself walking with trays of pots from the patio window at one end of the lounge to the bay window at the other end of the lounge to catch as much sun and higher light levels as possible.
Tigger
KG Regular

We've got the same problem in our tunnels. Tomatoes, cucumbers, aubergines, peppers and chillies about a fortnight behind - lack of light I assume.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic