Jan issue any fee seeds etc - Poor quality new paper envelope arrived ripped

If you would like advice from the Kitchen Garden editorial team, ask here. Steve, Emma or Tony will pop in with their best advice.

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

time4tea
KG Regular

Just asking everyone.

The envelop for Kitchen Garden was really poor quality paper and hardly any glue. It arrived with the side and top open. Just the magazine, nothing else. The top of the magazine mentions free seeds and a free planner. Does this mean they have fallen out?

Were we meant to be getting something else or just the magazine? Cannot see any mention in the magazine of free seeds. I understand KG want to be green and use recycled paper, unfortunately my magazine arrived, the state of the envelop was not up to the job. Very worried we have lost free seeds or will lose future freebies.

:cry:

Any help would be appreciated,

T4T
time4tea
KG Regular

Meant to ask:

Was I meant to be getting anything extra other than the magazine? Should I have had free seeds or planner, no one is answering my question,

Many thanks.
Geoff
KG Regular

Mine came yesterday with three packets of seeds, a planner and I think an advertising flyer (though I can't see that in my recycle).
Westi
KG Regular

I'm off tomorrow to buy mine from the newsagents! I know I miss other offers but I like the little newsagents in the next village & there can't be many buying the Tractor magazines, the Pig farming ones & the other strange & wonderful titles they have. Shame touching & browsing is no longer allowed as I just have the urge every time to peek inside!
Westi
Monika
KG Regular

I do agree, Westi. We buy a lot of magazines (as my OH points out, we don't have a TV and never go on holidays!), but have resisted taking out any subscriptions for them because that would harm our small village shop who rely on people buying them regularly. Luckily, our four daily newspapers ARE on subscription, but the profit still goes to the shop because we pick them up from there.
We might miss the offers, but our village shop is so important to lots of people.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic