Woolly tomatoes

If you would like advice from the Kitchen Garden editorial team, ask here. Steve, Emma or Tony will pop in with their best advice.

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

HelenH
KG Regular

Any ideas why my greenhouse tomatoes (Alicante and Gardeners Delight) have turned out rather woolly. They taste ok. I thought I'd been careful not to over-water or under-water too and I feed them once a week. They are grown in growbags. If under-watering is the problem, is it too late to give extra water now that the majority of fruits have been formed?
Westi
KG Regular

Hi Helen!

They do best if the grow bags are standing up vertically, so basically 1 tom per bag or those pot ring things could give you 2! If horizontal then could be root bound maybe?
Westi
HelenH
KG Regular

I've got 3 tomatoes per growbag, with each plant sunk into a large plantpot on top. Perhaps too many I think.
retropants
KG Regular

I've not had a problem with 3 plants per bag, got a bumper crop last Year, and this year they are looking good too.
HelenH
KG Regular

retropants wrote:I've not had a problem with 3 plants per bag, got a bumper crop last Year, and this year they are looking good too.

It must be down to my watering then?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic