Tasty Garlic

If you would like advice from the Kitchen Garden editorial team, ask here. Steve, Emma or Tony will pop in with their best advice.

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

retropants
KG Regular

thanks for the tip JB, I was just pondering the garlic purchase. I only need one or 2 bulbs though, as I now have a tiny space at home, not my previous, huge allotment. I shall see who is stocking the rose garlic, I normally grow Picardy Wight.
Westi
KG Regular

I'm growing rose garlic this year. I got mine from Franchi seeds called something Rossa. Good size bulbs & well filled so if the cloves turn out as good as the bulbs received I will be happy. I popped them in the fridge when I got them just ensure they got the needed cold snap & I didn't have their bed prepped either but they got 3 weeks in the fridge as I forgot where I put them & kept searching around the shed! I would worry if this was not my normal behaviour, but it's pretty much what I constantly do! :)
Westi
retropants
KG Regular

Thanks westi, I'll pop over to franchi seeds :)
Colin2016
KG Regular

I too am trying the garlic from Franchi Seeds softneck & hardneck both planted last week.
retropants
KG Regular

My local garden centre normally stocks franchi, so I'll check there first to se if I can save on the postage.
ElliotM
KG Regular

What is the most delicious garlic, I mean what sort of garlic has the most intense taste, spiciness and smell?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic