Large yellow courgette marrows

If you would like advice from the Kitchen Garden editorial team, ask here. Steve, Emma or Tony will pop in with their best advice.

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Tgr79
KG Regular

Is it ok to let yellow courgettes become marrows. I know sounds silly I’ve done it with green ones before but I’ve never seen a yellow marrow before so wasn’t sure if it was the same or not? I don’t really have the space to plant marrows and courgettes.
Thank you in advance. :)
Stephen
KG Regular

I don't see a problem.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Tgr79
KG Regular

Stephen wrote:I don't see a problem.
thank you! 8)
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

The only problem you probably will encounter is, while courgettes produce a continuous supply of young courgettes, if you let one or two grow to marrow size, this will slow the production of new ones forming...but this does happen with a marrow plant to some extent.
One thing I would advise though is, let the plants grow into decent sized plants before you let them produce marrows, or they will take all the strength away from the plant.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Geoff
KG Regular

I've got a feeling yellow ones don't keep as well but I'm not sure why I think that.
Westi
KG Regular

I've found that the larger the yellow ones flesh get drier & more spongey in texture & not marrow like & moist.
Westi
Tgr79
KG Regular

Sounds like I need to make room for marrows this year Then. I do love marrows & Istill have yellow courgette seeds to use up which expire this year.
Thank you everyone for your input it’s most appreciated :)
sindi21
KG Regular

Is it ok to let yellow courgettes become marrows. I know sounds silly I’ve done it with green ones before but I’ve never seen a yellow marrow before so wasn’t sure if it was the same or not? I don’t really have the space to plant marrows and courgettes.
Thank you in advance. :)

Sounds about right
You need to examine this awesome site https://pay4essay.co.uk/ for some help
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic