May issue - garden twine

If you would like advice from the Kitchen Garden editorial team, ask here. Steve, Emma or Tony will pop in with their best advice.

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Stephen
KG Regular

Hi team,
Two issues
I bought the latest issue locally a week ago (supporting local shops as I do). I don't understand why it is the May exition when I bought it at the beginning of April. Are the hints supposed to be for a month hence or now?
Secondly, regarding Product Reviews:- garden twine. Are you sure that conscientious gardeners should be buying uncompostable polypropylene? Isn't a sisal product more appropriate?
For what it is worth my comments on the six products are:-
- Burgon & Ball - will any supply of twine fit the dispenser or will I be stuck with a particular supply? (It looks small)
- Marshalls Seeds - agreed, a nice gift with a cheerful, appropriate design.
- Sarah Raven - £9.95! for a bent coat hangrr and a roll of twine?
- Twool - At least it is from a sustainable home-based source. Would the colour last?
- Ropesource - as above, it is going to be around forever. :(
- Biostretch - You should ask what the suplier means by "biodegradable". Does it just mean smaller bits of plastic ir is it compostable?
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
robo
KG Regular

I buy mine from wilkies at around £1-50 a roll I don't need to see tests done on it I only use it for tying things up its not rocket science
Stephen
KG Regular

Absolutely fair comment Robo.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic