Creating Jam labels.

If you would like advice from the Kitchen Garden editorial team, ask here. Steve, Emma or Tony will pop in with their best advice.

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

BML
KG Regular

I would like to print some labels to stick on the jars of Marmalade that my wife makes at this time of the year but search as hard as I have done on the Internet I'm unable to find any.
I would like to copy a label with a picture of an orange and add a few words such as, Seville Marmalade Made with love by XXX on the following date.
Does any one actually use a particular piece of software?
Geoff
KG Regular

We just use Word and create Mailing Labels. Not difficult to find graphics to add.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Guess you might find fancy labels in a craft shop

The few rare times I want to use a special label I do as Geoff suggests, clip art and the mailing section of word
you can then select the size of label you require from shops like Rymans or Staples.

However, even for show entries these days the label is handwritten
Last edited by Pa Snip on Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Geoff
KG Regular

Cheap labels are niceday brand, the sizes are often called by their Avery reference numbers (more expensive brand). We use two smaller ones and occasionally a bigger size:
L7160 approx 38x64 21 per A4 sheet
L7163 approx 38x99 14 per A4 sheet
J8165 approx 68x99 10 per A4 sheet
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic