Where are you???

If you would like advice from the Kitchen Garden editorial team, ask here. Steve, Emma or Tony will pop in with their best advice.

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Westi
KG Regular

Come on guys! We know you've got heavy schedules & stuff that comes with fame & fortune! :wink:

You did start to make a difference - site looks better, works better, (promise I won't mention avatars), but it is you guys as the faces of KG that new joiners know & trust & want that connection. (That means change your avatars - good luck)! Whoops - I did have my fingers crossed when I mentioned that promise btw! Yeah there is big knowledge on here but they don't come with their pics in the magazine. And our constant transgressing into 'off topics' doesn't help, but livens up the winter months!

You can have the winter off for a bit, devise a rota to cover, but Spring isn't that far away, Northern hemisphere interest will increase shortly. Have you a plan? Can you share? Go on - just a wee hint!

Westi
Westi
Pawty
KG Regular

So, who received their KG mag today? ..... I promise, no spoilers..... But a bit exciting ....

Thank you KG!

Pawty
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Pawty wrote:So, who received their KG mag today? ..... I promise, no spoilers..... But a bit exciting ....

Thank you KG!

Pawty

I did. I shall study it in a bit more depth later

Nice to see the "From the Forum" feature is getting more up to date, the quotes used this month are from people who only stopped being active 5 and 6 years ago..

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Colin2016
KG Regular

Got mine today thanks, good timing for the beginners guide as that is where I am at, plus interesting recipes especially the breakfast one.

Seems a bit early for a January issue though but hey only 6 weeks till 2017...
robo
KG Regular

I got mine today not had a chance to look at it yet ,I've been chasing a gazebo around our garden I had two legs pushed deep into the soil the third leg bolted down I was going to bolt the last leg to the wall but not had a chance it lasted almost six days, just wanted some dry spot out side the door so we could dry the dogs feet after he had finished scratching the lawn up, he came with our grandson nearly a month ago he was stopping with our daughters partner but he has been committed life is upside down since her demise it would have been her fortieth birthday today , bad times at present
Diane
KG Regular

I got mine as well. It's a bit of a relief when, reading the "jobs to do now" section...and realise that you haven't done any of them to find out you are let off until January.
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Westi
KG Regular

My thoughts are with you Robo! Far too young to die!

Westi
Westi
KG Steve
KG Editor

Hi Westi. In answer to your question we are here! Sorry, we do tend to get a bit embroiled with putting the magazine together (thanks for all your nice comments about it by the way). We will endeavour to visit more often although certainly as far as this section goes 'Ask The Experts' you haven't appeared to need our help much lately. Plenty of expertise out there among forum members to draw upon, that's for sure. I'm always very impressed by the great collective pool of knowledge that exists on our forum.

ps: When you refer to our avatars do you mean the ones on the Mudketeers pages, or here on the forum?
Steve Ott
Kitchen Garden Editor
Westi
KG Regular

Hi Steve!

You guys are worth the wait, great mag which I appreciate is your day job. We do muddle through but I was thinking some of the newer posters or readers of the posts would find you more credible than us - even if you say the same thing, so your mag pics on here as avatars! And the mag has a great feel to it, seems to target the new & older veg growers equally so as to not frighten anyone off or insult others.

I think we do frighten off readers a bit as we are anonymous by our avatars, if you came up as Steve with the beard & endorsed someone's post then they might gain some courage to post. Goodness tigers, flowers, knights in very shining armour & weird cartoon characters like mine don't really encourage anyone new to post as they don't get a feel for the 'us' behind these weird things.

Appreciate I may be off target here, but pretty sure the regulars will soon tell me if so, but just a thought.

Westi
PS: Still working on the 'Like' button I hope! :)
Westi
KG Steve
KG Editor

Thanks Westi - I'll take your thoughts on board. Maybe I'll strip the captain of his outfit and put him in a nice winter stew! :D
Steve Ott
Kitchen Garden Editor
Pa Snip
KG Regular

In deference to Westi's suggestion I have changed my avatar to reflect my current policy

Pa Snip

Plot Digger

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
FredFromOssett
KG Regular

Just picked up my copy of KG from the local shop, and have only skimmed through it so far. It looks good; and I greatly approve of the 'Last Word' page.
KG Steve
KG Editor

Glad you like it Fred! Making use of our home-grown talent! :)
Steve Ott
Kitchen Garden Editor
robo
KG Regular

Pa snip I bet you don't keep zipped for long :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :twisted:
Westi
KG Regular

Ha! Pa - you are very funny! No one believes that zip won't break.. go on just say what you think!

Fred I liked the 'Last Word' as well!

Steve I think that "last Word' may have put some in the office in a right frenzy & appreciate the speed it got out there. Sorry late with the reading of the mag, would tell you what I was catching up with but let's say at times work has to be put first occasionally - whoops just like the Team then!

Westi
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic