Pidgeons/wood peckers

If you're just starting out in the world of kitchen garden growing, then this is the place to ask for help. Our experienced forum members may have the answer you need!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Catherine
KG Regular

For the last few nights we have been sitting our front lounge with the fire lit and have been able to watch a pair of wood pidgeons settling in for the night. For the first two nights they snuggled up together preening each other. Last night they had obvously fallen out and he kept trying to get her to go for a higher roost. She was having none of that. So they slept separatley with at least a foot between them I looked out at them this morning at about 4am and they were fast asleep. :( They are back tonight and they are still sleeping separatley. :( It is the first time I have ever seen birds roosting I have always wondered where they go for the night.. These two go on the same branch every night.

A couple of days ago I was out walking at 6.15am and heard a wood pecker giving it all on a tree which sounded like he had a microphone next to him, it was so loud. Hope he finds someone soon. :D