The KG Forum

Need help on using the new forum? Please post questions here and see our FAQ.

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Chris
KG Regular

Hi

Yes there should be a section for livestock - chickens etc. Also a section for new gardeners to ask qustions - I'm aware that many necomers felt very hesitant about going onto the old forum. That would give us: general issues, growing, equipment and machinery, livestock, new gardeners and forum issues. Surely a much better organisation than the one the new forum has imposed?
Chris
Mr Potato Head

My fault :oops: , i should have done this sooner. Hopefully you should now see two new areas that a couple of people had asked for...

'Tools and Machinery', and 'Birds, Animals and Livestock' should now be in the main forum index, under 'General Chat'
Iain
KG Regular

I've just posted a lot of stuff about a Utopian view of what the Forum should be like. I posted it in "News and Views" (or whatever), but I probably wouldn't have posted it at all (or not in those terms) had I read this thread first.Isn't it the point that the kind of things we're saying here could just as logically appear in another place, under another heading.Doesn't that mean that we'll be forever chasing around in case something's in a different but possibly logically-related place? Like somebody somewhere just said, I think we should agree to boycott all but a couple of places!
Iain.
KGAdmin
Site Admin

One of the nifty things we can do (but won't do often!) is move a topic.

I have moved this into the Website Help area so people can read everything about the old/new forum in one section.

Of course don't worry about posting something in any category, they are only there to help you section out questions & answers, and we won't be shuffling topics on a regular basis - that would confuse everyone!

Just to help new visitors, anything Forum or website related can go into this section, and I'm sure we'll soon have a full FAQ that everyone can uderstand.

Best,

Jason Williams
Kitchen Garden Magazine
01507 529241
Anonymous

Ive just been having a go in similar vein in news and views under "just the same". looks like i got an answer in the post above "new website launched"...best wishes paul..p.s. unless the answer was to you?
Esther Greentree
KG Regular

I can't see which threads I've read completely and which threads I haven't. In the old forum, there was a green tick or a red cross to indicate that. In this forum, the yellow colour to indicate new posts doesn't seem to work properly for me: some threads that I know I haven't read (I never read those on machinery) show in grey, whereas they should show in yellow to indicate I've not read them, or not read all the posts in them.

Does this functionality work for you people?
Chris
KG Regular

Hi

I agree - I need to see what I have read - I also need to see the message I am replying to - sorry but I have forgotten to write your name down before typing this - sad that we still need to use pencil and paper in this wonderful IT world. But there is a solution:

JASON - please sort out these little problems!

Chris
Chris
SuzieJane

This is a really great forum - it's almost giving Grow your Own's http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/grapevine/ a run for it's money. Good work KG.

Suzie :D
still looking for the old

This is just a clone of the grapevine site! They're even calling people "seedlings"... Peed Off.
KGAdmin
Site Admin

When you reply to a message you should see a topic review below you \/ which will show the topic you are in and allow you to double-check a name or post before replying.

Regarding the read posts - this relies on you being logged in. If you visit the forum but do not login - the board doesn't know who you are (or what you've read)

Just login using the login box at the bottom of the main page and click the LOG ME IN AUTOMATICALLY tickbox too. This way it'll track what you've read and what you've not read better.

stil looking.. the seedling thing has long since gone. A bad idea on my behalf.
And yes, it looks similar to GYO's board but is much much nicer! ;)

Best,

Jason Williams
Kitchen Garden Magazine

(still tweaking)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic