PM's not going?

Need help on using the new forum? Please post questions here and see our FAQ.

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Suzie
KG Regular

I tried replying to a PM that was sent to me a couple days ago, it is still sitting there in my Outbox, as are the two that I tried to send this morning :?

Any ideas anyone please?
alan refail
KG Regular

I thought for a moment you were predicting that Gordon would be staying on at Number 10 :P

If the message is still in your outbox I presume it hasn't been read - or that the recipient's inbox is full.
Suzie
KG Regular

Ah, so it's not a problem with my Outbox but a problem with the recipient? Thank you :)

I had tried to send it three times (using new mail each time in case) so when he does empty his box he'll get me wittering on several times :oops:
glallotments
KG Regular

I thought the same Alan!
Chantal
KG Regular

Suzie wrote:Ah, so it's not a problem with my Outbox but a problem with the recipient? Thank you :)

I had tried to send it three times (using new mail each time in case) so when he does empty his box he'll get me wittering on several times :oops:

You can go into your Outbox and delete the latest ones if you like, then he'll only get the first one :wink:
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Suzie
KG Regular

ooh good plan Chantal - thanks :D My brain hasn't caught up with my fingers yet :lol:
Colin_M
KG Regular

Don't worry Suzie, some aspects of the software used for this forum aren't very inuitive.

However on the plus side, the forum software does at least let you know when someone has read your message (with other systems, when you don't get a reply you don't know you whether they haven't read your message or just haven't yet replied).

Sadly, there are a few other foibles: you will eventually reach the point when your mailbox for PM's fills up. You'll then be told that you can't send any more PMs till you do something about it - however it's necessary to dig around quite a lot before the answer becomes clear.

If you think any of this is a bit wacky, the footer at the bottom of this page gives the software author's name as Vjacheslav Trushkin. Maybe if we leave messages at his website http://www.stsoftware.biz he will change some of these for future releases.
KGAdmin
Site Admin

Hi Colin,

Just to correct you, the credit at the footer of the forum is for the template used - it's his design (The basic colours /layout) The forum software is phpbb. SO please DON'T go to that poor chap's website and pester him.

If you find your PM box is filling up - you can delete older messages. Use the drop down menu bottom right of your inbox to delete or move selected messages.

KGAdmin
Colin_M
KG Regular

Thanks for the heads up Mr Admin. Happy to leave any feedback to you (since you're his actual customer).
Catherine
KG Regular

I have tried to send a PM to a new person on the forum so her in box wont be full but both messages are still sitting in my out box. How can that be?
alan refail
KG Regular

Catherine wrote:I have tried to send a PM to a new person on the forum so her in box wont be full but both messages are still sitting in my out box. How can that be?

It only means she hasn't read them.
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
KGAdmin
Site Admin

Messages will sit in your OUTBOX until such time they can be delivered. If the recipient's INBOX is full, your account will hold onto the message until it can deliver it.

After a certain period of time, you will be notified if the message cannot be delivered.

J
Catherine
KG Regular

Thank you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic