Subza.?.

Need help on using the new forum? Please post questions here and see our FAQ.

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Beryl
KG Regular

Yes I would like to go back to the old style please. As Alan said, having tried to change it in Profiles - it doesn't work.

Beryl.
Last edited by Beryl on Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Primrose
KG Regular

Yes, I want the old style forum back please. This new one is really confusing and difficult to follow and I really don't like the font style either. Sorry you IT folks if you think I'm a Moaning Minnie, but there seems to be something very unrestful to the eye about it which makes concentrating quite difficult (For me anyway). :(
Chantal
KG Regular

I know that when Mr PH introduced the new wimpole look some time ago it was always his intention to remove subza, eventually. The subza format hasn't been kept up to date like the wimpole format so perhaps as there is no new Mr PH they've decided it's too difficult to try maintain both formats.

I too hate Wimpole when I first moved over to it, but I've got used to it and when I went back to subza to remind myself what it looked like, I didn't like it any more. It's what you get used too. :wink:
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Bren
KG Regular

We don't want the forum changed, its doing fine as it is,without fancy names.

Bren
Chantal
KG Regular

To be fair, it was changed in November 2006 and the old style left live so that people could move over at their leisure.

:?
Chantal

Mole
KG Regular

And many folks didn't move from subza then, because then, as now, they didn't like wimpole.....

The main problem I have with wimpole is that the index page is in 2 columns - no other forum which I use does this so why does KG want it - it's busy and harder/slower to navigate. Unnecessary.

Mole
Clive.
KG Regular

I do admit that I have found my way around this style slightly better than at the time of its first appearance...sort of had to do perhaps :wink:

But I still feel the Subza or Subsilver is much much easier to take a quick glance at and very quickly decipher the state of play with new threads/new postings..and being similar in format to most other forums would surely assist...as having to learn anew for one forum cannot surely be good.??

Here's hoping it just needs a couple of clicks at HQ to restore the other 2 options..I think from other refs that there has been work in progress on the system recently...and if its like my day job it don't all go right in one click. :? :wink: ..
...new mower back roller to put in for the second time tomorrow..and I'm hoping the differential does what it says on the tin this time :? :wink:

Clive.
alan refail
KG Regular

Chantal wrote:To be fair, it was changed in November 2006 and the old style left live so that people could move over at their leisure.

:?

But people didn't "move over" - and it's beginning to look like they won't put up with being forced.

As Johnboy says elsewhere, why did whoever made the change not have the common courtesy to warn us and explain why it was happening :?: :?:
KGAdmin
Site Admin

Blimey people jump on various bandwaggons quickly these days.

The change happened during the security update to add in the anti-spam feature. This modification was only added to the wimpole template pages.

As far as I can see the old layout is still accessible, but was changed during the update. You can now switch back should you want to.

I will need to update the subza template at some point as no doubt it was old information surrounding it - whereas the board default (wimpole) is updated monthly.

We don't mind running several formats, it simple takes longer to make security changes.

I fully back your right to go elsewhere should you not like the colour of our pages.(!)

KGAdmin
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear KGAdmin, i certainly wasn't jumping on any bandwaggon, i really do just prefer subza format than the others. And apparrently so do some of the others, or is that jumping on the bandwaggon, oh i don't know. :wink:

Subza automatically came back up for me when i went on the forum, it was just like seeing an old friend again. :)

Hope theres no bad feeling.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Primrose
KG Regular

Oh whowee ! Just got the old layout back. That feels much better. Just slipping into my comfortable old slippers again !
And yes, I like the pale blue & white background. Very restful on the eyes.
Last edited by Primrose on Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Geoff
KG Regular

It's good to be back to normal - now you know what it must be like when people muck about with Radio 4!
Allan
KG Regular

I have to accept the apology if that is what it was. I personally check my mailings immediately after posting to look for mistakes and typos. However I think it is a great pity that the default website was ever changed, the situation now is that anybody finding us will not have a clue that the format can be changed. I wounder how many new members have been lost this way. Would it be possible to put a toggle on the home page so that newcomers can choose for themselves, if the opinions of the regulars are a guide the choice would be subza.
And while you are doing things, how abut removing those mailings re. admin that are ages old and metaphorically covered with cobwebs.
Alln
Last edited by Allan on Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John
KG Regular

Hello KGadmin
We haven't been climbing on any bandwagon.
You have just learnt the first rule of business - give the people what they want, not what you think they want.

John
The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men’s lives, the hours spent fishing Assyrian tablet
What we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning Werner Heisenberg
I am a man and the world is my urinal
Chantal
KG Regular

But this isn't business John, this is a totally free service, given out of the goodness of their little hearts... :wink:

Perhaps if they charged for forum access we could dictate how we'd like it to be, in the meantime, I for one am VERY grateful for all that KGAdmin does for us. :D
Chantal

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic