Forum Hopping, FAO Mr Potato Head.

Need help on using the new forum? Please post questions here and see our FAQ.

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

peter
KG Regular

:( Mr Potato Head, any chance you could slightly amend the auto-navigation within the forum?

When I log on, I like to check all the sub-fora, but not necessarily read all the threads. So I use the Mark All as Read, at that point I am finished with that sub-fora and would like to go to the General Index, but the only option I get is to return to the sub-forum. Any chance of a/. more options, b/. changing the auto navigation to go to the General Index? :?: :)
Belinda
KG Regular

Very well explained Peter, I navigate around the sub-forums in exactly the same way and have also found that bit frustrating. I had finally decided to put in a request for a change today, but couldn't quite think how to word it, and then I found your post - well done.
peter
KG Regular

Mr Potatoehead, have you read this yet?
Mr Potato Head

I think I understand what you mean, but I'm not convinced how easy it'll be for me to change the code for this particular part of the site - For some reason it takes the 'You are in...' bar away (which contains a link to the main forum index...

I, like you, like to do this and the best 'get around' that I can recommend (for the moment) is the following.

Go to the main forum index.
For each forum you wish to check - open it in a new window (I think this is achieved by 'SHIFT & Click' on each link)
Then read the topics as normal - but when finished, close the window, then you should be back looking at the main forum index.

Sorry I can't be of more help just yet... :cry:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic