Quick guide to posting pictures

Need help on using the new forum? Please post questions here and see our FAQ.

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Did this help?

Yes, thanks
82%
No, not really
18%

Total votes: 17
retropants
KG Regular

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i was using my ipad if that sheds any light? I just tried to upload, as I can't resize pics on the ipad (unless I download an app???) and it worked. Probably just beginner's luck.
peter
KG Regular

MikA wrote:
I use Alan's method but I am unsure as to why the image needs to be re-sized to 600 bytes wide. Is there a technical reason or is it just the amount of storage involved or download speed?

There is a kind of technical restriction.

The forum software has a maximum data size, i.e. the size of the file in kilo or megabytes.
I guess it is to stop people flooding forums that use it with loads of ginormous pictures.

The 600 pixel width is advisory, it helps reduce the file size, but more importantly, browsers adjust to show the picture if it is big and as a result the text becomes tiny and unreadable, or you only see a corner of the picture.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Stravaig
KG Regular

Does the above still apply with the new format forum? If not, please can someone please update it? (I'm not technically minded at all and will need help to post a pic as I was asked to.)
Westi
KG Regular

I don't have any trouble posting pics so long as they're is not too big but I think they have increased the size allowable as pics I have not been able to post previously are accepted. You need to go into full editor & preview box. Write what you want to then click attachments (outside of message box on left), then add files, then place in line. Make sure you have pressed return or it will pop up in the middle of your post. If it is too big it will tell you.Full editor & preview also gives you access to different text sizes, colours etc & even youtube is on there.

As I'm currently on I shall check it out with non related photo before I send just to be sure nothing has changed. This pic has come up as 1.2MB & accepted. Max is now 6MiB.

Meet Toby Truffle!
fullsizeoutput_ee4.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_ee4.jpeg (1.25 MiB) Viewed 17298 times
Westi
Stravaig
KG Regular

Blimey. That cat looks very fierce.

I think I've solved my problem with posting photos (and thanks for your help!). The answer is quite simple, really. Tell husband to take a photo or two and post them. :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic