E MAILS

Need help on using the new forum? Please post questions here and see our FAQ.

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

lez
KG Regular

I am a subscriber to KG but I think I will pack it in as I keep getting emails from subs club I don't want. The links they send to unsubscribe do not work. I find this annoying. Any one managed to stop them?
Pa Snip
KG Regular

err, I rarely get them, if at all.

Edit, have just checked my inbox and can find no sign of any such emails during the last year at least, sorry that I can't help

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

Hi lez.

Im no expert but experienced, yes. With many of my subscriptions unsubscribed I find that they then pass on your e-mail address to buyers. Presumably as a penalty for unsubscribing, now I'm not suggesting that KG does this and many don't though some of the new users of my e-mail address are adding links that probably contain naughty software. I even had spam from Russia, at least that was easy to deal with via my servers SpamAssasin. I just typed in .ru into one of the scripts that fails the delivery, with most others its very difficult to do because they not only have a multitude of addresses but finding something relevant to enter into the scripts without affecting your normal mail is difficult.

I associate unsubscribe links that don't work with dodgy sites or at least opportunist sites.

I think a lot of these mail shots are not run by the company you are dealing with but run by a contractor, this contractor presumably has various interests. Naughty ones included.

Also, watch out for e-mails where the unsubscribe link contains fishing software or malware or even trojans.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
Colin2016
KG Regular

Suggest you contact main office and ask to be removed from the data file.

I found them very helpfull when I had another issue.
Westi
KG Regular

I get them lez but they don't bother me too much & sometimes interesting. You've posted on here but you could cut & paste this on 'Ask the Team' who will sort it for you. They would probably be keen to know this is not working as not everyone who experiences it will actually be on the forum so maybe totally unaware of fault.
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic