Loss of private messages

Need help on using the new forum? Please post questions here and see our FAQ.

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

alan refail
KG Regular

Who is responsible for the deletion of all private messages? And why?
I have lost a vast amount of valued information in past PMs from the last 8+ years. Not impressed.
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Arnie
KG Regular

Thanks for this Alan, I have just checked mine :shock: :shock: not a one left, not happy :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Regards

Arnie
I've learned.... That the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am.
alan refail
KG Regular

It was Johnboy and OH who alerted me.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12170

I reckon a load of people are going to be very angry.
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
peter
KG Regular

As I understand it, late April / early May the forum crashed and the software had to be reinstalled and/or updated.

You may recall around 14th May Alan you noticed an sql error trying to send a pm and a number of other functions had similar issues, which were resolved by kgadmin.

I have referred this missing messages issue to kgadmin, as it is almost certainly related.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
KGAdmin
Site Admin

Apologies everyone. We are working hard to restore these. We had a server crash that was unrelated to the forum. When restoring from the backup, some database tables were corrupted, PMs being part of that. I'll try to update you about any developments later today.
Thanks!
peter
KG Regular

Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic