Subscribers Club

Need help on using the new forum? Please post questions here and see our FAQ.

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Geoff
KG Regular

I guess many of you got the email about the new Subscribers Club. Apart from the confusion that it doesn't accept existing logins so have to create a new one and I haven't got the foggiest idea what my Customer ID is (guess I can resolve that next month) it also seems to have a sponsored link to something about "Who is watching you". My anti-virus came up with the warning below so I have emailed Safe Monitor to ask what is going on. I have great respect for Trend Micro so I have no intention of registering unless I get a reply. This is just a warning in case you get the same message.
PS : tried to reproduce the link to this software, that originally came up last night, as I wrote this but it didn't happen so possibly it was nothing to do with KG or they have corrected something.
Attachments
Danger.jpg
Danger.jpg (125.3 KiB) Viewed 5707 times
Primrose
KG Regular

Thanks for flagging this. Yes, I also received the email, but didn't investigate too deeply as I receive the monthly magazine and also log into the forum fairly regularly, so wasn't sure what extra features/benefits subscribing to this would bring. But if it involves having to create a new ID or password then I'm afraid "I'm out" as I already have more than enough difficulties coping with IDs and passwords for existing sites I subscribe to ! :( I've reached a stage where I'm trying to simply my life, not acquired additional complications!
Primrose
KG Regular

Thanks for flagging this. Yes, I also received the email, but didn't investigate too deeply as I receive the monthly magazine and also log into the forum fairly regularly, so wasn't sure what extra features/benefits subscribing to this would bring. But if it involves having to create a new ID or password then I'm afraid "I'm out" as I already have more than enough difficulties coping with IDs and passwords for existing sites I subscribe to ! :( I've reached a stage where I'm trying to simply my life, not acquire additional complications!
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Thanks for the warning Geoff, it will be interesting to see what reply you get.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Geoff
KG Regular

They have replied as below and I tried the install again and Trend did not block it. If you have any thoughts that your machine has been infiltrated this may be a way of checking. Also the new magazine arrived so I was able to get my customer id and register for Subscribers Club.

Hello,

We appreciate your concern and are very sorry about the issue you are experiencing.

Like any ad-supported browser extension, we are unfortunately susceptible to an anti-virus company falsely flagging our software as malicious. Rest assured that we are not malicious and do nothing to harm your computer in any way. SafeMonitor is actually designed to help the user identify who is monitoring their web traffic so they can be more secure.

To ensure you have the best experience, we request that you download and install the latest version of our product from http://www.safemonitorapp.com. If you experience this condition again, we request that you please send us a screenshot of any anti-virus messaging so we can better troubleshoot.

We appreciate your patience as we work through this issue with the anti-virus vendors. Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
SafeMonitor Support
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic