Where to post question on strawberry grape vine?

Need help on using the new forum? Please post questions here and see our FAQ.

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

vagabond
KG Regular

I have never grown a vine and know nothing about growing, pruning etc, I have a strawberry grape vine and would like to know more, please, where would I post my question? Thanks
vegpatchmum
KG Regular

First of all, welcome to the boards vagabond.

Secondly, I'd try the 'general' section to start with, as I think that's the most commonly visited part of the forum and then take it from there.

Unlike other forums, we don't have 'Post Police' telling you that you've posted your question in the wrong section, so don't worry about putting it in the 'wrong' place and getting told off for it because, to be honest, I don't think there is a 'wrong' place on this site :D or if there is then one of the mods will quietly move it to the correct place without creating a fuss. The mods here are nice :)

VPM
x

Edited: added another sentence to my original reply :)
Primrose
KG Regular

I can't help I'm afraid but your query reminded me that last year we actually bought some strawberry grapes for the first time and the grapes actually did taste like strawberries and were delicious so I'm rather envious of you. We have a Reisling grape vine which has leaves which seem to be infected by some kind of virus which makes them appear pock-marked so I was half thinking of digging it up and replacing it with a strawberry grape vine although you probably shouldn't grow one in the same place as a vine which has been diseased. I'll be interested to read any replies.
Diane
KG Regular

We have a strawberry grape vine, growing horizontally on one thick main stem,along the front of our south facing house. Bought it in Woolworths about 40 odd years ago. I just prune the side shoots back to one shoot, in Jan/Feb (before the sap starts to rise) and then again mid summer when I prune back all non fruit bearing spurs, and fruit bearing spurs to two leaves beyond the bunches of grapes. I'm sure I don't do it exactly as the "book" says...I just hope for the best - but we always get good crops. It's never been fed or sprayed. The grapes are small, pink, with pips and reasonably sweet. Every year the leading end of it tries to escape up the drainpipe, across the carport and into next door - but I don't let let it get that far.
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Locked Previous topicNext topic