Private message spam

Need help on using the new forum? Please post questions here and see our FAQ.

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

KGAdmin
Site Admin

Hi all,

We've had some reports of users getting spam/sales messages into their PM (Private message) inbox. Sending sales or unwanted messages to multiple users is against our terms and will result in an immediate ban.

if you receive un-expected / sales type spam in your Private Message box please let us know.

In order to reduce the chances of this happening, we have limited the number of recipients allowed in a PM to 4.

Also no images or signatures will be allowed on PM messages now.

If you have any problems or queries, do let us know.

KGAdmin
vegpatchmum
KG Regular

Spammers really are the scurge of internet life!!! Thanks for all your hardwork in trying to keep us spam free Admin, it is truly appreciated.

VPM
x
Geoff
KG Regular

Perhaps you can fix my mobile phone as well. I send them all on to 7726 (SPAM) but they still keep coming.
alan refail
KG Regular

Yet another spam post this morning for cheap kitchen furniture. Who on earth decided on the title Kitchen Garden :?:
Rather suggests these spammers can only read one word at a time :roll:
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
glallotments
KG Regular

I'm being inundated by spam in my blog comments - fortunately it is filtered out and isn't published but I still end up with it in my email and have to delete it all from a spam folder. It has never been as bad as it is recently.

I would have thought spammers ought to realise that they just annoy people rather than attract readers to their sites. I guess though if just one or two visit they will think it is worthwhile.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic