Do I really need to log on twice...................?

Need help on using the new forum? Please post questions here and see our FAQ.

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

mikepearce45
KG Regular

Just logged on to the KG website using my normal log in details - no problem there. I then went to the Forum page and tried to ask an online question. Was unable to until I logged on!!! Tried to log on using my KG website logon details as above but was advised that they were incorrect.

I had to request a new password by email before I could register on the Forum page.

Can you please explain why I appear to need to register for both, surely once I have logged on to the main KG website it makes sense for one to be able to access the Forum page aswell without the need to register/logon again.

The outcome is that I now have two separate passwords - can you please advise me on how I can change my new Forum page password to be the same as the KG website. I have tried doing this via the "User control panel" facility but this seems only to change the KG website password.

I am getting somewhat frustrated so your help would be much appreciated

With thanks,

Michael Pearce
Tigger
KG Regular

Jason - can you help?
KGAdmin
Site Admin

I can - but I'm afraid the answer won't be the one you're after.

Sorry - but the two systems are not linked, so a login for the KG Main website (which allows you to post images to any galleries and comment on articles) is NOT linked to the Forum here. The two systems are sadly completely different and we cannot easily link them up.

phpBB (the software running the forum) is great - free and open source - whilst our KG website, was a custom built and quite expensive.

For our new motorcycle site, www.classicbikersclub.com - we have used a content platform that does link to a forum, so on that site the one login covers all.

Something we will be looking to enhance in the future.

KGAdmin
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic