Chinese artichokes aka crosnes

A member-only section allowing you to post seed swaps / requests. Please read rules before posting

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Di
KG Regular

Hiya,

I've not been on here for ages, but now emerging from long dormancy and hope you don't mind a request for a few Chinese artichoke tubers to start me off on a new crop. (Can't eat the jerusalem variety which seem easy to find.)

I'll post the spare seeds I have as soon as I've been through the tin.
Cheers
Nature's Babe
KG Regular

I would like some too if anyone has some, had been watching the local supermarket shelf but so far only the jerusalem ones, they do have the chinese ones occasionally but as usual not when I want them !
Sit down before a fact as a little child, be prepared to give up every preconcieved notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss nature leads, or you shall learn nothing.
By Thomas Huxley
http://www.wildrye.info/reserve/
bazza1979
KG Regular

have you tried looking in a oriental/world food supermarket? we have severall in plymouth they sell all manor of things!
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

I've got loads I'm going to throw out as they've spread in my greenhouse border. Send me your address and I'll pop some in the post.

They have pretty leaves, but the tubers are quite small and have grooves all round which make them awkward to clean. They look quite cute though and are nice to try for something a bit different.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Let me know this week if anyone would like some, as they are being cleared out at the weekend - Saturday, 16th April.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

No takers then? I don't want to throw them away, so they're going into an out of the way corner of the garden. If anyone still wants some just let me know.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic