Spare Seeds

A member-only section allowing you to post seed swaps / requests. Please read rules before posting

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Just gone through my seed boxes and have the following spare. Most are my own saved seeds and are this years or from last year and the other branded ones are last year's spare freebies.

Tomatoes: Hardy Tom, Cornu des Andes, Principe Bhorgese, Cherokee Green, Black Krim, Tigrella, Red Cherry, Gardener's Delight, Money Maker, Double Rich, Opalka, Early Cascade, Thai Pink Egg, Broad Ripple Yellow Currant.

Beans: Runner - Enorma, Black Magic
Climbing French - Cosse Violette, Mr. Fearn's purple flowered
Dwarf French - Cordoba, Jersey, Nomad

Peas: Robinson (tall, sweet and prolific), Mangetout - Eat All

Sweet Basil

I've good amounts of most of the above and will split them into small packets. The tomatoes are all heritage or non-f1s so you can save seed and it will come true if you like a particular variety. Some of the tomato seeds came from a seed swap with an American Gardening web site and some from a European group and the Double Rich is from Cevenol Jardin (don't think I've spelled it right) on this site.

Most of the beans and peas are originally from the Heritage Seed Library.
Nature's Babe
KG Regular

Hi Plumpudding, looks like we both had a lot spare, having organised my seeds ready for planting next year I looked at my spare stuff packed it up and sent it to my daughter - enough to keep her new garden very busy for a year at least. :lol:
Sit down before a fact as a little child, be prepared to give up every preconcieved notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss nature leads, or you shall learn nothing.
By Thomas Huxley
http://www.wildrye.info/reserve/
Rubykitchen
KG Regular

Hello - Having read the rules am still confused about 'swopping aspect' - do I now have to tempt you with an equal number varieties I might have spare in exchange for the seeds I'd like to acquire?? sorry if I'm being really dim!

But, I'm interested in the following; Tomatoes: Cherokee Green, Black Krim, Red Thai Pink Egg (if it is pink (ish) - 5 year old daughter's request this year for pink tomato - wasn't impressed with green/cream or black).

Beans: Runner - Black Magic (intriguing name)
Climbing French - Cosse Violette, Mr. Fearn's purple flowered
Dwarf French - Nomad

Peas: Robinson (tall, sweet and prolific)

Having just joined heritage library should have some decent things to swap and also have lots interesting tomatoes from nicky's nursery from last year. oh and some tomatillo's and achocha seed. oh and some crystal apple cucumber seeds.

thanks - sorry for the ranting of my confused mind.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Hi Rubykitchen,

If you send me a stamped envelope large enough for the seeds with your name and address on it I'll forward the seeds you want. I'll send you a private message with my name and address.

There's no need to send me an equivalent amount of things or any at all just now.

I tried to send a private message earlier, but don't think it went anywhere, so I'll try again - you may have two messages!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic